Mittwoch, 22. Juli 2015

October - little things

In october I had already been here for more than 2 months, so everything was kinda a daily routine and didn't seem 'special' anymore. This also means that I started to get bored sometimes.
Unfortunately I ended up in a year level where there is only a small group of people who catch up after school or even on weekends most of them don't do much! Because I had 'buddies' in the group who almost never does anything I kinda ended up there which was and even now at the end of my year still is frustrating. 
Don't get me wrong - they are very nice people and I love them, it's just very hard to get them to catch up with you, it always takes a few months of planning for them to maybe do something.
Everyone is always very quick in saying "Oh we have to catch up!", but I learned not to get to keen for it, as it often gets cancelled on very short notice or just never happens.
That whole 'not - doing - much - ever' thing was probably one of my biggest challenges during my time here, especially to learn not to take it personally.
 
So, that was enough of  the winching, now I'm gonna write about a few little things that happened in October!
Yay only 9 months behind with my blog haha I'm hopeless, sorry!

daisy, amour and me at school, start of term 4
(I know I look like I'm 12 in this photo -.-)


We were very lucky with the weather in October and already had some really nice summery days (35 - 40+ degrees!) so I met up with some other exchange students at the beach a couple of times.
We met at Glenelg beach, which is the only one we could get to with public transport from the city. It takes me about half an hour to get to the city by train and the tram to Glenelg takes about another hour.


on the Glenelg Pier with:
Pascal(swiss), me, Mel(french), Sofia(swedish)

me&mel


One of the other hot days my host mum said I can take a day off school, so her, my host brother and I went to have a look at a town called 'Victor Harbour' about 1 hour from Adelaide.
We went there to see my 'host grandparents' , have a look around and go to a little native wild life sanctuary.


we fed the kangaroos and there were so many!
when they saw our food bags they kept following us around :D

me patting the Koalas!

view from the 'Victor Harbour Bluff'


We also had  our first orientation weekend for all the inbounds in our Rotary district (we're only 5 :/ ), but I'm gonna make an extra post for that.










1 Kommentar: